Compost can help your gardens, trees, flowers, and grass grow more efficiently. It does so by helping with the following:
- Progressively improving soil quality
- Reducing soil compaction
- Increasing water retention in the soil
- Reducing fertilizer demand
Physical Properties of Oakdell’s Organic Compost:
- Medium to dark, rich brown color
- Little, if any, odor (smells like fresh soil)
- Contains organic humic acid
- A more dense and heavy product, typically weighs between 30-40 pounds per cubic foot
- No human waste (like from city municipalities)
- Ingredients: local organic straw, wood chips and shavings, organic poultry manure and other carbon sources.
- 1 cu. ft.
Note: Compost is not a potting soil and you should never plant directly into it. Always mix with 3-4 parts soil.